Postby Leyser » Mon Jun 19, 2017 9:24 pm

First Name: Jeroen
Sex: Male

Character Name: Leyser
Class: Mage
Race: (Currently Troll)
Primary Talent Spec: Fire
Secondary Talent Spec: Frost
Profession 1: Enchanting (I often swap my crafting profession, to suit my current needs)
Profession 2: Herbalism

Armory Link: https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-gb/chara ... ood/leyser
Screenshot of your UI in a raiding environment:http://imgur.com/a/AIxHa Apparently I lost all of my raid screens. This is pretty much it. Adding in above the left hand Emphasized bars some boss specific weakauras for abilities and timers.
What is your /played time?: On this character 60 days. On my former main, Lazorturkey/Leyserbiem 240 days. On my oldest character, 79 days.

Where did you hear about us? I have followed Defias Progress ever since I started here. I followed your progress when I was playing in Amused to Death.

Why do you want to join us and what are you looking for in a guild? I am currently finding myself without a raiding guild. I am looking for an established guild on my favorite realm. I personally do not care so much for alliance/horde. And if I could be an asset, I gladly would like to be.

Do you know anyone in the guild who can vouch for you? Unless there are some hidden Amused to Death members in your roster. I do not believe so.

Please list your previous guilds and explain your reasons for leaving them
Isis - WoTLK - Disband
TFoM(renamed to innuendo) - WoTLK/CATA/MoP - Disband
Solidarity on Outland - MoP - Change in workschedule interfered with raiding times.
Amused to Death - MoP/WoD - Disband
Laid Back - I wanted more than 2 days of raiding (Legion)
Bloom on Draenor - Switch of guildmanagement forced me outside of the roster due to former members returning and having more benefits in terms of raid spots despite of good performance.
Ice Cold Flex - Disband

What do you feel you will bring to the guild?
A very knowledgable player who invests time in his character and his performance. Someone who takes criticism as a positive and tries to turn it around into an all round better performance.
Someone who does not care for rankings yet aspires to do well in terms of both playing a fight tactically and pulling his weight on the damage meter.

A versatile player who has had several rerolls in the past due to guildrequirements.
- Retribution Paladin
- Holy Paladin
- Boomkin/Rogue/Warlock
- Mage

Please list your previous raiding experience

Wrath:
ICC 12/12 25m HC
RS 25m HC Cleared

Cataclysm:
BWD: 6/6 HC
ToTFW: 2/2 HC
BoT: 5/5 HC
FL: 7/7 HC
DS: 8/8 HC Spine pre-nerf

MoP:
MSV: 6/6 HC
HoF: 6/6 HC
ToES: 4/4 HC
ToT: 13/13 HC
Siege: 14/14 HC Pre-nerf

WoD:
HM: 7/7 M
-- Extended break due to IRL situation --

Legion:
EN: 7/7 M
ToV: 2/3 M (5% wipe on helya)
NH: 9/10 M

If possible please provide links to some recent WorldofLogs / WarcraftLogs reports:
Sadly due to guild policy logs were private. Yet I can provide screenshots of all bosses if required.

Can you play Wednesday, Thursday, Sunday and Monday, 19.30ST - 23.00ST? Yes

Can you use Discord, do you have a mic, and will you use it? Yes, but not interrupt or interfere with raidleading.

Are you willing to respec for raids if required? Yes, I am even willing to reroll if needed.

Are you willing to pass your raid spot to someone else if required? Yes, the best class and the best player for progress.

Have you ever stopped raiding for an extended period of time? Yes due to IRL interfering with raids. This however will not happen again as I have my own life under full control atm. ie. there's no external factors interfering with my gaming time.

Which stats do you feel are important to your spec and why?
For Fire this would be Crit. The entire spec is based around Intellect as a mainstat, but crit as a secondary.
The spec inherently has a lot of crit modifiers and crit damage modifiers which allow us to obtain extended streaks of critical hit spells. Our main damage source is Pyroblast. A hardhitting single target spell which can be hardcasted while being buffed by legendary bracers, or used as a proc from Hot Streak. Hot streak is triggered when our ST casts crit twice in a row. This can be manipulated by using guaranteed crit spells such as Fire Blast and Phoenix Flames.
Using this we can have a very strong opener during and after our combustion or use our Combustion for specific Target Nukes, etc.

As far as frost goes it can go different ways. We can either choose to play a full mastery GS build, sadly this build lacks even more in mobility than the Ice Lance spec which can be played if Bracers are there.

A general rule of thumb can be applied towards stats, yet it is found that simming every single piece still has the best benefit.

Describe your spell rotation/useage/priority
I'll explain my priority here as far as Fire goes. I can do the same for any offspec if required.

Fire:
Opener:
Pot at 2, pre-cast fireball, If crit > Fireblast =/= no crit > fireball until crit > berserking > Combust > Mirror Images > Pyro > Fireblast > Pyro > Meteor > Fire Blast > Phoenix > Pyro > etc.

General rule of thumb: Save Fire Blast/ Phoenix Flames until full stacks for when combustion hits.
legendary buff? Prioritize hardcasting Pyro, delay if heavy movement is required, if buff < 6 seconds, don't hardcast. Continue rotation as always.

Do you have any alts? Yes. I am currently gearing a DPS DH, 894 ilvl and a Spriest 885.

Can anyone or anything interfere with your online gaming? No, unless my PC blows up, which it shouldn't.
Leyser

Re: [Pending] [PvE] Leyser - Fire/Frost Mage

Postby Kann » Tue Jun 20, 2017 7:57 am

Greetings Jeroen and thank you for your application

There's a chance we might be able to offer you a last minute trial (for evaluation during ToS HC), but first you need to clarify a few things for me please...

- I've noticed you've had your status as LFG on wowprogress for the last 4 months+, during which time, you appear not to have been raiding with Ice Cold Flex?

- You were 4/10 (M) by 5th Feb 2017, then there is huge gap (4 months) until 8th/11th June 2017 when your progress jumped up to 9/10 (M)

- Does this tie in with your comment about "IRL interfering with raids" or was that comment made with reference to you not really raiding during WoD? Have you in actual fact had 2 extended breaks from raiding?

- wowprogress lists your more recent guild history as follows...
May 28, 2017 Leyser changed guild Innuendo with Ice Cold Flex
Apr 10, 2017 Leyser joined guild Innuendo
Apr 9, 2017 Leyser left guild Ice Cold Flex
Feb 9, 2017 Leyser changed guild De Toverfluit with Ice Cold Flex

You don't mention 'De Toverfluit' or 'Innuendo' in your guild history. I assume these were just social guilds? Why did you leave Ice Cold Flex on 9th April and then return on 28th May?

I imagine that the answers to most of the points above are all connected, but it seems like there's been a bit of an omission of information in your application somewhere.

- Most of the ex MMM players appear to have left Ice Cold Flex and returned back to MMM. Is there any reason why you didn't move there with that group of players?

Lastly, for reference, some recent logs that I found that weren't private
https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/Q6qBVpPgtGN7MxJ3

If you could try to respond ASAP so that we can get this concluded before the end of the day, and in time for ToS HC tomorrow, it would be much appreciated.
Kann

Postby Loeka » Tue Jun 20, 2017 9:35 am

Hey there,

Thank you for your application.

I already see some interesting flaws in your rotation, which wasn't even that detailed. I want to ask you some questions to try and pull out the interesting details.

I see you have the belt and the bracers equipped. Do you already have all fire legendaries? Is there any legendary thats better than the belt or the bracers? What about the new ring legendary? Is it any good? Will you be equipping the meteor legendary instead of any legendary? Is that any good?

What about frost legendaries? What frost legendaries would you equip for GS build, which one for TV build? Is the ring legendary any good for frost? Is the comet storm legendary any good for any build for frost?

In your rotation you cast combustion before mirror images. Why? Mirror image triggers a global cooldown. By casting combustion first and mirror image second, you are wasting a global cooldown of combustion. Please note that mirror image itself doesn't benefit from combustion, but rather the casts that the mirror images do, does benefit from combustion.

Furthermore, you cast meteor halfway into your combustion rotation. Why? Theres a trick with meteor (If this still exists? Feel free to proof me wrong otherwise) that the meteor has a ~3 second delay (reduced by haste) before landing. Now, it is not possible to pop combustion just before it lands, but since meteor triggers another global cooldown, it is possible to cast combustion somewhere during the global cooldown or almost straight after the global cooldown, and the meteor will still gain benefit from combustion. Just this simple trick along with my question above should save you 2 global cooldowns and should gain you a lot of damage. Whats the reason for not doing this?

Also, do you cast phoenix flames and / or flame blast when the stacks are capped but combustion is not yet of cooldown? How long do wait in terms of second of your combustion cooldown? Do you always cast it regardless?

Do you line up your meteors with your combustion? All the meteors? Some of the meteors? Since meteor has a 45 sec cooldown and combustion has a 2 minute cooldown, how do you line up the casts?
Example:
Meteor -> Combustion (0-45)
Meteor (45-90)
Meteor (90-135 (This passes the combustion cooldown of 120 seconds, do you delay this meteor for combustion or do you cast the meteor regardless?)
Meteor (135-180) etc...

Why do you still play fire even though frost was insanely strong with double icelance? Although double icelance is nerfed now, it is still possible to double icelance on some fights, it is also still possible to shimmerlance, whats the reason for going fire?

I would expect that all questions above should be common knowledge for a fire mage, I'm looking forward to your answers!

~Loeka
Loeka

Postby Leyser » Tue Jun 20, 2017 3:00 pm

Kann wrote:Greetings Jeroen and thank you for your application

There's a chance we might be able to offer you a last minute trial (for evaluation during ToS HC), but first you need to clarify a few things for me please...

- I've noticed you've had your status as LFG on wowprogress for the last 4 months+, during which time, you appear not to have been raiding with Ice Cold Flex?

- You were 4/10 (M) by 5th Feb 2017, then there is huge gap (4 months) until 8th/11th June 2017 when your progress jumped up to 9/10 (M)

- Does this tie in with your comment about "IRL interfering with raids" or was that comment made with reference to you not really raiding during WoD? Have you in actual fact had 2 extended breaks from raiding?

- wowprogress lists your more recent guild history as follows...
May 28, 2017 Leyser changed guild Innuendo with Ice Cold Flex
Apr 10, 2017 Leyser joined guild Innuendo
Apr 9, 2017 Leyser left guild Ice Cold Flex
Feb 9, 2017 Leyser changed guild De Toverfluit with Ice Cold Flex

You don't mention 'De Toverfluit' or 'Innuendo' in your guild history. I assume these were just social guilds? Why did you leave Ice Cold Flex on 9th April and then return on 28th May?

I imagine that the answers to most of the points above are all connected, but it seems like there's been a bit of an omission of information in your application somewhere.

- Most of the ex MMM players appear to have left Ice Cold Flex and returned back to MMM. Is there any reason why you didn't move there with that group of players?

Lastly, for reference, some recent logs that I found that weren't private
https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/Q6qBVpPgtGN7MxJ3

If you could try to respond ASAP so that we can get this concluded before the end of the day, and in time for ToS HC tomorrow, it would be much appreciated.

Hi Kann, thank you for replying. I will do my best to respond about things.

You are correct. At the time where NH released I was in Bloom on Draenor. When I joined Bloom I was without a job and thus had nothing holding me back. Shortly after I joined guild management shifted, and any signs of promises made to me personally went missing. Being left out on farm bosses, not being given loot in heroic. The accepting of 2 returning mages made me shift towards an exit.

After Bloom I swapped my characters back to Defias for old times sake. I joined both Ice Cold Flex and Innuendo as a social. Shortly after my arrival on Defias I accepted a job offer and found a new appartment (got kicked out of previous one due to landladies son moving in). Which led to me taking a step down from raiding.
With Ice Cold Flex losing some members I was asked by a few to return to raiding, and help out any roster issues.
I've had a total of 6 - 7 raids with ICF before the disband was mentioned last night. If you would be interested I could give contact info of the former GM. All the other officers went awol.

De Toverfluit was a guild me and a couple of friends made at the start of legion. Just to have a communal area. 95% of the players we started off leveling with and ran M+ with decided to bail. After this I made my move to Laid Back on Al Akir, and the story continues as of there.

I've had a total of 6 - 7 raids with ICF before the disband was mentioned last night.

The reason why I did not join or follow any MMM members is mostly that I am not looking for anything temporary. MMM returning happened all so sudden, and felt to me like a desperate attempt at returning what may have once been. I've been in a similar situation before and chose to avoid it rather than desperately trying to jump on the bandwagon.

I prefer something which has been ongoing and steady for a long time rather than a new project.

About my recruitment status. Upon leaving Draenor I changed said recruitment status, knowing Defias would be a temporary hold up. This is before the Job/Landlady thing appeared.

Now I can tell that during my break or absence of nighthold, and no real responses or offers in terms of raiding. I decided to focus fully on my job. I've gotten that big promotion I wanted which have given me all the more free time I had wished for.

I am sorry for the late reply. I was at work all day preparing for my holidays of the next upcoming days.
Leyser

Postby Kann » Tue Jun 20, 2017 3:07 pm

Thanks for the clarification.

I'll wait for your responses to loeka's magey things, and then we've got an officer meeting in a few hours time, so will get back to you with a final answer after that.

Cheers
Kann

Postby Leyser » Tue Jun 20, 2017 3:28 pm

Hi Loeka,

I will try to respond as accurate as possible

I see you have the belt and the bracers equipped. Do you already have all fire legendaries? Is there any legendary thats better than the belt or the bracers? What about the new ring legendary? Is it any good? Will you be equipping the meteor legendary instead of any legendary? Is that any good?

I currently own the following legendaries which are fire spec specific:
- Bracers
- Belt
- Head

Class wide legendaries:
- Chest
- Neck
- Trinket

Frost legendaries:
- Bracers

Atm for ST fights I would keep my legendaries as they are. Because I have no better Single Target options.
If there was any legendary that would allow for certain pushes/burst phases it would have to be the Time Warp ring. It would allow, if timed correctly with a combustion/burst window, for a high damage push in a specific window. For an extended excecute phase I would chose belt over ring.

The new ring doesn't seem that appealing to me considering how high the damage potential is of the other items. I could see it work however in high burst AoE phases combined with Legendary helmet. This would however damage our ST heavily due to losing both belt/bracer combo.

If the new shoulders would have not been nerfed, they would have pulled ahead by a large margin.

To put it bluntly.

ST = Bracers/Belt
Heavy Burst AoE = Head/Trinket

What about frost legendaries? What frost legendaries would you equip for GS build, which one for TV build? Is the ring legendary any good for frost? Is the comet storm legendary any good for any build for frost?

For GS Build (ST) I would opt for TW Ring and Head/Bracers to pull out max potential.
For a 2 target fight I would opt towards either Shard + Trinket or Shard + Helm or Shard and bracers. Both seem to sim close. So obtaining shard, would allow me to play GS build if I can manage to interchange gear towards more favorable stats. Which would mean 33% crit towards shatter cap, stacked with versatility.

For TV ST I would opt for Shard, Bracers and/or Helmet. With shard being the main goal.

In your rotation you cast combustion before mirror images. Why? Mirror image triggers a global cooldown. By casting combustion first and mirror image second, you are wasting a global cooldown of combustion. Please note that mirror image itself doesn't benefit from combustion, but rather the casts that the mirror images do, does benefit from combustion.

I will give an honest answer here saying it is forcibly due to bad habits. Bad habits which I should and will get rid of. In my time during ICF I focused mainly on learning the fights I had never seen or attempted before. Reading and watching fights is one aspect, but following a guild strategy is something else entirely.

Furthermore, you cast meteor halfway into your combustion rotation. Why? Theres a trick with meteor (If this still exists? Feel free to proof me wrong otherwise) that the meteor has a ~3 second delay (reduced by haste) before landing. Now, it is not possible to pop combustion just before it lands, but since meteor triggers another global cooldown, it is possible to cast combustion somewhere during the global cooldown or almost straight after the global cooldown, and the meteor will still gain benefit from combustion. Just this simple trick along with my question above should save you 2 global cooldowns and should gain you a lot of damage. Whats the reason for not doing this?

The reason why I'm casting it halfway is to ensure I have both Concardance and PI x 5 up. Which would allow for a bigger hitting Meteor.

Also, do you cast phoenix flames and / or flame blast when the stacks are capped but combustion is not yet of cooldown? How long do wait in terms of second of your combustion cooldown? Do you always cast it regardless?

I cast them if they are capped and a heating up proc is active. If not I delay a cast until it is up. Second wise that would be 3 - 4 max while standing still. However I try to time it so they reach max stacks as close to combustion reactivating as possible.
Other than that it highly depends on wether I have heavy movement ahead of me with 0 shimmer stacks at the ready. If I do have shimmer stacks I proceed to cast fireball. If Combust was off cooldown, nowhere near activating. And I have both PF and Blast at the ready. I would use PF followed by a quick FB to generate a hot streak.

Do you line up your meteors with your combustion? All the meteors? Some of the meteors? Since meteor has a 45 sec cooldown and combustion has a 2 minute cooldown, how do you line up the casts?
Example:
Meteor -> Combustion (0-45)
Meteor (45-90)
Meteor (90-135 (This passes the combustion cooldown of 120 seconds, do you delay this meteor for combustion or do you cast the meteor regardless?)
Meteor (135-180) etc...

I would delay the third meteor and activate it in similar circumstances as during the opener. 5 stacks of PI and Concordance / possibly Pot if it is an extremely short fight. If not w/o the potion.

Why do you still play fire even though frost was insanely strong with double icelance? Although double icelance is nerfed now, it is still possible to double icelance on some fights, it is also still possible to shimmerlance, whats the reason for going fire?

As I started NH I did not have the frost legendaries to back up the spec. As I know I'm behind in general on frost legendaries this still makes my case, where obtaining shard would be mandatory for me to swap over to frost.

I am certain that with my current gear and legendaries, my fire spec is stronger than frost.

Thank you for the questions, and I hope I responded adequatly. If I am wrong, do not hesitate to correct me. As I would learn something and take this in going forward.
Leyser

Postby Leyser » Tue Jun 20, 2017 3:29 pm

Kann wrote:Thanks for the clarification.

I'll wait for your responses to loeka's magey things, and then we've got an officer meeting in a few hours time, so will get back to you with a final answer after that.

Cheers

Thank you for the consideration!

I will now jump into a cold pool as it appears that everything around me has the temperature of my spells. (Sadly not frost spells)
Leyser

Postby Loeka » Tue Jun 20, 2017 6:56 pm

Hey there again,

You are pretty on point with your answers, so thats nice to read. We discussed your application within the officer team just now and decided to give you a trial.

Feel free to whisper any officer for an invite when you transfered over!

~Loeka
Loeka

Return to Application Center