Character Name: Okaulantis
Class: Shaman
Race: Draeinei
Primary Talent Spec: Elemental
Secondary Talent Spec: Restoration
Profession 1: Herbalism
Profession 2: Engineering

Armory Link: https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-gb/chara ... okaulantis
Screenshot of your UI in a raiding environment: https://gyazo.com/c1b51aa13b1e7323d119e5b36f3f18c5
What is your /played time?: This char 14 days Total 120 days

Where did you hear about us? I searched for wowprogress top guilds and bumped into you and i saw you were recruiting elemental shamans so I thought I made an application

Why do you want to join us and what are you looking for in a guild? I want to join because i believe we can progress together and help each other to get the guild to even a higher lvl than it is. I'm expecting dedicated raiders mature people and raiders that understand their mistakes (including myself) and can work around new tactics fast enough

Do you know anyone in the guild who can vouch for you? Unfortunately no I dont know anyone in the guild

Please list your previous guilds and explain your reasons for leaving them Death and glory-Neptulon Cause we had different targets
Völkisch-Darksorrow Cause people were suddenly not coming to raids and the guild decided to switch servers which a lot of people didnt aggree and the guild decided to disband
Aris-Defias Because i wanted a more progress guild and i didnt agree to the leader's decisions on some things

What do you feel you will bring to the guild? 100% attendance 7/7 days of the week available present to the raid even if i dont get invited always online for any substitution. Always prepared with flasks/food/enchants/runes knowning all tactics by watching the vods and reading them. Flexible through healing/damage (Can play both specs accordingly) And my jokes of course which you will appreciate i'm sure

Please list your previous raiding experience
Legion:
Emerald nightmare mythic 7/9
Nighthold cutting edge 10/10
ToV cutting edge 3/3
ToS mythic 7/9
I know my experience on raids isn't good enough as i've raided Legion expansion only but I believe I did a good job in the expansion learned a lot of things through it but of course i will respect your decision if you decide that my raiding experience isn't that good for the guild

If possible please provide links to some recent WorldofLogs / WarcraftLogs reports: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/character/id/27567420

Can you play Wednesday, Thursday, Sunday and Monday, 19.30ST - 23.00ST? Yes with 100% attendance

Can you use Discord, do you have a mic, and will you use it? I'm not really a talkative guy at first i'm a little shy but yeah if I think i can say something that will help the guild in some sort of way i will talk

Are you willing to respec for raids if required? Yes always if we are struggling on a boss or if my Raid leader believes i should change spec i'm always willing to do it

Are you willing to pass your raid spot to someone else if required? Obviously, the important is that the guild progresses not just my character

Have you ever stopped raiding for an extended period of time? No i always try to raid to an extensive level

Which stats do you feel are important to your spec and why? My stats for my spec is kinda weird and they depend on what build you are playing. For example my icefury build requires a lot of critical chance with a cap of haste 22% because you are depending a lot for the frost shocks to crit cause of the elemental fury spell that increases the effectiveness of your spells by around 270%.

The gambler/Ascendance build requires a lot of haste and after that comes mastery because you need to get that maelstorm to 125 fast enough so you can do your earth shock more frequently so you can have more chances for it to refund your maelstorm and do more earth shocks with the legendary boots or proc the 20% chance ascendance from the legendary gloves. This is the strongest build tbh but unfortunately im lacking those 2 legendaries and i go with icefury atm which is subject to change when i get them ( I farm every legendary drop chance content everyday)

Describe your spell rotation/useage/priority With icefury build you want to start with placing your totem mastery at 4 seconds,prepotting at 3 seconds and casting elemental blast after that you use fire elemental and then flame shock. You use your lava burst (2 if you spec echo of the elements) Then u icefury and wait for the elemental blast again as you dont wanna use any frost shock without the elemental blast buff. After spending frost shocks (usually when you need to move to avoid abilities) If there are no adds incoming you do your stormkeeper and spam the 3 lighting bolts or if there are adds incoming you do your stormkeeper and wait for your elemental blast to do the chain lightings and usually precast and earthquake cast to the location that the adds are coming

Of course if you have above 100 maelstorm you cast it but you try to do it with the elemental blast buff always as it does not generate any maelstorm. You always use flame shock around 8-9 seconds with clearcasting and keeping the flame shock up to all possible targets except small adds cause its a waste of maelstorm. The reason for that is you do more dmg generate more instant lava bursts and reduce the cd of fire elemental cause of the 2-set from ToS
Do you have any alts? I have a mage on a different realm 110 which i did the most progress this expansion

Kaulantis-Genjuros
Armoy link: https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-gb/chara ... /kaulantis
WowLogs: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/character/id/21457722

Can anyone or anything interfere with your online gaming? Not really tbh stable connection pretty optimized computer and I live alone! Feelsbadman
fendagin

Re: [Pending] [PvE] Elemental shaman

Postby Kann » Fri Nov 24, 2017 8:27 pm

Hey Leonidas and thanks for your application

We're certainly in the market for an elemental shaman.

I'm rushing off out for the weekend now and I havent had the time to properly review your application.

A quick glance shows that you dont have a single mythic boss kill this expansion on your shaman and all of your progress seems to have been on your mage.

Why is that you want to switch from your mage to your elemental shaman?

What do you feel that an elemental shaman would bring to a raid that a mage doesnt?

Lastly, I note that whilst you have 1 mythic helya kill, you dont have a mythic odyn or guarm kill - why is this?
Kann

Postby fendagin » Fri Nov 24, 2017 9:20 pm

Hey fellow future (hopefully) guildmate!

Yes you are true I dont have a mythic kill with my shaman which i don't think many things change since its a new content. Mythic wise and how this difficulty works I have experience which I believe is important but that is just my opinion of course.

The reason why I switched to elemental shaman is because I wanted to be a more versatile class so I can help a guild better and not just a solid dps class.

Also elemental shaman is really good with aoe bosses and when we need to nuke adds pretty fast. Tomb of soaking tier I didnt really feel i gave too much apart from soaking and DPS I dont feel i will be that much important to other tiers that doesn't have so much soaking. Shaman has an offheal potential,wind rush totems which is quite important atleast on the previous tier where in almost every end-tier boss was 2 guardian droods cause of the speed increase buff

Also I know you have good resto shamans but if needed for a certain boss or if some of them cant attend cause of personal issues I can step up as a healer as i have some experience on it and if needed or requested by an officer i will farm the weapon and be ready for a boss as soon as possible. I already have the BiS legendary for resto and 71 traits on the weapon
I wouldn't apply to a top guild if i wasn't confident with my class and its specialization

The reason I've only killed Helya in ToV mythic is because i started with a very casual guild doing mythic ToV and we didn't really kill it i was kinda dissapointed cause it was a russian-only talking guild and all that combined i was forced to leave did like a 1 month break from raiding then started when Nighthold tier got out and when we got the cutting edge: guldan we went 2 days before the achievement was locked to Helya and that's how i got it!

Good luck with your vacation or your travelling trip! If i got "rushing off" right that is!
fendagin

Postby Kooit » Sun Nov 26, 2017 5:33 pm

i have gone through your application and got some few question,

why do you play with Icefury when that's the worst talent of them all? Icefury will be a little better when u have T21 but
Like you said already your stats are bad, you should go All haste(gems)

Do you have the Gloves / Boots as legendaries for Antorus as they will be BiS?
what kinda trinkets u going for in Antorus?
Kooit

Postby fendagin » Sun Nov 26, 2017 6:25 pm

Hello there friend!

The reason why i'm playing the icefury build is because of my legendary ring which sims the best with the icefury talent if you don't have the gloves and the boots and its also a quite good talent if you know how to use it as it helps you with your movement a lot. Now I dont have haste gems and enchants because i want those 2 legendaries first and then i'm switching them as there is no point on switching them right now.

I'm not sure on what i will be using regarding trinkets i always wait for the release day on the raid because alot of things are subjective to change and that will confuse me if I already have a plan on gearing up and switching it up on the last moment
fendagin

Postby Kann » Tue Nov 28, 2017 8:35 pm

Hi again Leonidas

After some discussion, we've decided that given your shaman's gear is too far behind, coupled with the fact that we don't know you, you'd be too much of an unknown quantity for us to take a chance on at this time.

Application declined - best of luck finding a new home
Kann

Return to Application Center