Character Name:Salvarion
Class: Paladin
Race: Human
Primary Talent Spec: Protection
Secondary Talent Spec: Holy
Profession 1: Enchanting
Profession 2: Herbalism

Armory Link: https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-gb/chara ... /salvarion
Screenshot of your UI in a raiding environment: a pretty old screenshot but the ui is basically the same: https://imgur.com/a/FFcGU
What is your /played time?: 122 days

Where did you hear about us?
From one of your members, Oakix.

Why do you want to join us and what are you looking for in a guild?
I have been looking for a guild in need of a tank for progression. I have been told that such is the case for you.
I'm looking for a guild whose members respect each other's time and effort.

Do you know anyone in the guild who can vouch for you?
As far as i know, only Brucley.

Please list your previous guilds and explain your reasons for leaving them
I have been in 2 guilds in total. I started playing in WoD and joined Nietykalni ( currently The Pathfinders I think) which later split, with me and other progression oriented players forming the guild Enclave. Eventually Enclave fell apart due to rooster/attendance issues. Some of the more capable people and officers felt they were wasting time and decided to disband.

What do you feel you will bring to the guild?
I'm a player that strives to utilize every resource available to the class to facilitate progress. As a tank, I more often spec into offhealing and mechanic-countering builds for progression rather than dps. That is not to say I would object if required to do otherwise.
I'm also consistent with my attendance. I rarely miss progression raids, and even if I do, there is a small chance that I will be absent without you knowing far in advance.

Please list your previous raiding experience
Wod:
HFC 13/13 M
Legion :
EN 7/7 M
ToV 3/3 M
Nighthold 10/10M
ToS 7/9M Took a break from raiding after the guild disbanded

If possible please provide links to some recent WorldofLogs / WarcraftLogs reports: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/character/ ... salvarion#
For mythic I usually specced into healing so little point in analyzing the dps.

Can you play Wednesday, Thursday, Sunday and Monday, 19.30ST - 23.00ST?
Yes

Can you use Discord, do you have a mic, and will you use it?
Yes

Are you willing to respec for raids if required?
Yes, although I am not that experienced with other specs.

Are you willing to pass your raid spot to someone else if required?
If progress calls for such measures, no problem.

Have you ever stopped raiding for an extended period of time?
I have recently been on a break after my guild fell apart.

Which stats do you feel are important to your spec and why?
The stats, aside from crit, are not that determinant in most scenarios. Still, the general consensus is that haste and versatility are the best as they are intrinsic to almost every important aspect of the spec, be it healing, mitigation gaps or dps. Personally, I really like to experiment with builds.

Describe your spell rotation/useage/priority
The base concept is fairly straightforward; In terms of rotation, if Shield of the Righteous stacks < 3 use Judgement, else Avenger shield>Consecration>Blessed hammer. Use SotR when necessary or capped. Obviously you are also dealing with your cooldowns, heals, and ,depending on the situation, some things might change priority.

Do you have any alts?
I have a Blood Death Knight with 936 ilvl although i rarely play him aside from getting the weekly chest.

Can anyone or anything interfere with your online gaming?
I sometimes experience DCs in the evening but they are largely short-term, from a few seconds to a couple of minutes.
Salv

Re: [PvE] Salvarion Protection Paladin

Postby Hichin » Fri Nov 24, 2017 5:30 pm

Hey, Peter

Nice to see Your application, best of luck :)
Hichin

Re: [Pending] [PvE] Salvarion Protection Paladin

Postby Kann » Fri Nov 24, 2017 8:18 pm

Greetings Peter and thanks for applying.

We're in urgent need of a new tank for Antorus, and your gear/experience is certainly of an acceptable level.

That said, I have to be honest with you and say that I'd be apprehensive about having a paladin tank.

From what I can gather, Bear/Monk/BDK are still going to be the meta for Antorus and I would wonder whether it could cause progress to take longer as a result of not having that some form of that combination.

What research have you done into the boss fights in Antorus, and can you give me examples of any fights in mythic Antorus where you think a paladin tank might shine?
Kann

Postby Salv » Fri Nov 24, 2017 10:00 pm

In my experience, tank composition wasn't really a problem in my previous guild. We progressed Nighthold and ToS with Prot paladin and warrior, the supposedly inferior tanks, and I had never seen us struggle to a point where we throttled progress. Admittedly, making mistakes with these tanks is punishing, but it is usually just a matter of getting accustomed to the damage patterns of the fight .

As for paladin's performance in Antorus, I have heard different opinions. Some people say that it will be stronger, and some say that it won't change much. It is hard for me to assess. In ToS people struggled to tank Kil Jaeden on Heroic as Prot while for me it wasn't really that much of a hassle as i managed to adapt my build. Personally, I think the biggest virtue of prot is his utility and versatility rather than sheer tanking power. Unless there are situations akin to Mythic KJ, where the roar was mandatory, I think paladin should be just fine.
That being said, I have never seen those BDK ,BM and Guardian metagolems in action so maybe I dont know what tankiness truly is :P.
Salv

Postby Kann » Sat Nov 25, 2017 12:23 pm

Thanks for your response

For reference, below is sco's assessment of tanks for Antorus

Will have a think and get back to you in the coming days
Kann

Postby Kann » Tue Nov 28, 2017 9:19 pm

Hey again Peter

To clarify, and as per your chats with Loeka:

After one of our other tanks recently quit, we began the search for a suitable replacement.

During that time and at the same time as you posted your application, our windwalker monk agreed to reroll to brewmaster to fill that spot.

This felt like a somewhat safer option, given that starting a new tier with a potentially unknown player maintanking for us could have been uneasy.

Since you're effectively in a dead guild at the moment and already on the alliance side of our server, we'd like to extend the opportunity to join our guild in the interim as a guild friend/social, while we asses how our new tanking partnership plays out. This should be resolved in the next few weeks and we'll either be able to revisit your application, or alternatively, give you a more definitive no and let you know to look elsewhere. In the meantime, it will give you the opportunity to start getting to know people and maybe join the alts/socials clears etc to keep up on gear etc

If this is something you're interested in, then poke one of us for a guild invite.
Kann

Return to Application Center