Postby a74822768 » Fri Nov 24, 2017 5:51 pm

First Name: Arthur
Sex: Male
Battle.net tag: leonarchy#21605

Character Name: Tsta (Silvermoon)
Class: Mage
Race: Human
Primary Talent Spec: Arcane (77)
Secondary Talent Spec: Fire (75), but no real raiding experience with it, only dungeons.
Profession 1: Inscription
Profession 2: Herbalism

Armory Link:
http://eu.battle.net/wow/character/silvermoon/Tsta/
Screenshot of your UI in a raiding environment:
https://i.imgur.com/PyOM19d.jpg/
What is your /played time?: 103+ days

Where did you hear about us?
From WoWprogress.

Why do you want to join us and what are you looking for in a guild?
im looking for a mythic raiding experience on high level;
old guildmates have a good opinion about you;
4 nights a week is a good moment;
expecting the team be open to each other.

Do you know anyone in the guild who can vouch for you?
No.

Please list your previous guilds and explain your reasons for leaving them
A social guild on Outland called "Mythic Legends", it disbanded;
Mythic raiding "Warm" on Silvermoon, ceased its activity.

What do you feel you will bring to the guild?
A dedicated to the team and goals player, i guess.

Please list your previous raiding experience
Tier 20, 7/9 including KJ; and some Avatar pulls as well.

If possible please provide links to some recent WorldofLogs / WarcraftLogs reports:
https://www.warcraftlogs.com/rankings/c ... 427967/13/

Can you play Wednesday, Thursday, Sunday and Monday, 19.30ST - 23.00ST?
Yes.

Can you use Discord, do you have a mic, and will you use it?
All yes.

Are you willing to respec for raids if required?
More like no than yes.

Are you willing to pass your raid spot to someone else if required?
Sure thing.

Have you ever stopped raiding for an extended period of time?
No.

Which stats do you feel are important to your spec and why?
ST:
Haste is only valueable when there's not much movement. All arcane's haste caps are based on amount of spells you can cast during your CDs.
Mastery is useful when there's possibly additional damage required (expamle: Avatar), but i may just swap a legendary for safer burning (on avatar concidered 1st variant).
Versatility: the more the better.
Crits: important, but without sacrificing too much versatility for it.

AOE:
Based on my experience, 30% haste, 22-24% mastery (for infinite mana with Kilt), if burst required, going more crit, otherwise versatility.

With the next tier bonuses: matery will be a little more valuable, based on my ptr practice, crits more important. Dont know if you need that much haste as simulations use, or it's only for patchwerk situations.

Describe your spell rotation/useage/priority
Mana managment;
encounter knowledge;
stacking as many procs and cooldowns as possible, concordance proc plays high role;
saving cooldowns for situations when the encounter requires my burst;
arcane doesn't have "cleave" when it's needed, during the fight you either doing aoe damage or pure single target;
using evocation on cooldown is a myth, i prefer using it when there's nothing else to use, and it works better in practice.
I find this question strange to ask.

Do you have any alts?
No, and not planning any, the mage gameplay provides enough fun for me.

Can anyone or anything interfere with your online gaming?
Avoiding jokes about wars and cataclysms, no, im free.
a74822768

Re: [Pending] [PvE] Tsta, Arcane

Postby Kann » Fri Nov 24, 2017 8:31 pm

Hi Arthur

Interesting choice of forum username - I have to say I thought it was just going to be some bot spam and was surprised to see it was an actual application

Out of interest, which old guild mates had a good opinion of us? Anyone I know?

I've gotta dash out now, but I'm no expert on mages anyways so I'll leave this one for Loeka, who hopefully will only be a double blink away
Kann

Postby a74822768 » Fri Nov 24, 2017 8:38 pm

It's an a + my surname written with old phone keyboard buttons, i use it everywhere.

That were several guildmates from a voicechat when i told them im going to apply to you, whouldn't call anyone specifically.
a74822768

Postby Vicario » Sat Nov 25, 2017 11:52 am

Hi Arthur,

I was in "Warm's" Main raiding team for T19 myself.
if Manos Accepted you into the guild he had good reason to.

All by all good luck with your application. :D
Vicario

Postby a74822768 » Sat Nov 25, 2017 8:27 pm

That's actually nice to hear, thank you, Vicario, will be waiting.
a74822768

Postby Loeka » Sat Nov 25, 2017 11:33 pm

Hey Arthur and thank you for your application.

Normally I'd just ask mage applicants some advanced question about the mage class, but this application in particular strikes me as a very odd one. Especially the following: "Are you willing to respec for raids if required?
More like no than yes." We are a 4 day progression guild, any player playing suboptimally or suboptimal specs is obviously holding us back. Which to me personally in tos, translates to, you play frost or fire, depending on the boss.
On some of the bosses, your percentile may seem decent, however the difference in dps is more than marginal. Comparing my personal logs of demonic inquisition to yours, your 71 percentile gives you 1343k dps, while my 91 percentile as fire gives me 2018k dps. Same for harjatan, where your arcane gives you 1500k dps, my frost gives me 2032 dps. This difference is not "Just a small difference so it doesn't matter what spec I play". I'd like you to further explain your spec attitude.

Furthermore, your application is lacking in multiple areas, you even question our "explain your rotation" question, where this question usually shows us the difference in actual research, or simple copy pasta from icy veins.

~Loeka
Loeka

Postby a74822768 » Sun Nov 26, 2017 12:52 pm

Thank you for the reasonable reply, i'll fix these moments now.

Notes about spell usage:
AP, RoP and T20(2) set bonus for PoM usage work in multiplicative way, even for trinkets' damage, this is why arcane always wants to line them up, and this is why it's worth playing RoP instead of IF.

Arcane missiles: arcane's highest damage per cast spell, way ahead from the blast, so important to use it in combination with damage uptime resourses (e.g. AP, RoP, ToM, erousion at 8 stacks). The last thing you want to do is cause missiles proc when you already have 3 stacks, this's basics, nothing special.

Arcane blast is the main missile generation resourse, nothing really to mention here, the less blasts casted on 4 charges you had, the safer in terms of mana you feel.

Touch of Magi trait is one of cleave resourses, this is why arcane doesn't have cleave when it's needed.
But importantly, it can be "fished", meaning the more blasts you have casted, the higher chance for ToM proc next blast will have. Based on hours spent on hitting dummies, it's always guaranteed 3 procs per 30 blasts, but this fact isn't that useful in real situations.
I find it important to count on this proc when it's possible to get it.
For example, when you want to combine RoP+PoM, you dont do it "normal way" using PoM right after rune, casting 3 missiles into damage uptimes, and having 4 seconds after PoM damage buff left. Instead you use RoP on 2 missile stacks, and first 4 seconds spending on fishing for ToM proc without being afraid to overcap the AM stacks, and using PoM 6 seconds before RoP fades, lining these damage uptimes up.

Mark of Aluneth, does good damage per cast, restores 20% of mp, basics, when you want it to do damage (for multiple targets or for burst), you also save a RoP charge for it, but, concidering between "i wait for mark to combine it with other cds" and "i wait for concordance proc to pop the RoP, and will use mark only to restore mana" i always choose 2nd.

Evocation already mentioned, basically, if you use it as soon as possible 1st time, and every next time using it on cooldown, intentionally spending all your mana, 4 minutes into the fight you'll end up having no resourses to do your normal damage at all, most of spells are on cooldown.

Arcane explosions are valuable on multiple target fights, but i prefer the shoulder gameplay, counting on the barrage damage (thanks to resonance talent and arcane rebound trait) and orb generating missiles. However this requires targets to be stacked. Can also note that multiple target barrage into ToM proc does high aoe damage, with enough haste you're able to use it twice, causing big damage ramp up.
In aoe also possible to use Sephuz, but it depends on how long do you spam aoe stuff.
Also notable, that tarnished sentinel's trinket's additionally procs from explosions too, when you hit the targeted enemy.

In general, arcane wins mostly in situations with small time windows with damage requirement. Good example is Gul'Dan's orb switching and Azzinoth adds. Worse example is KJ's tank add in case you lose the boss damage.

I dont position myself as arcane only player, and since the next tier opens ability to play all the hero's specs in terms of AP and legendaries, i'm willing to master both fire and frost as well, but it will obviously take awhile, i realize the weakness of this part of the application.

I whouldn't like to find any justifications of the poor log parses, but only mentioning that it's 1 out of 1 pulls i had on the bosses (regardless KJ, of course), so i didn't really have a chance to optimize everything/anything. Still hope for a chance to be given, Arthur.
a74822768

Re: [Declined] [PvE] Tsta, Arcane

Postby Loeka » Sun Nov 26, 2017 8:21 pm

Hey there Arthur,

Thanks for your detailed answer. Thats the answer I'd like to see posted on the initial application. Definitly a good read. We discussed your application during the mini officer meeting we had today, and we'd like to inform you that we will not accept your application.

Although you do mention it yourself, playing only one spec is definitly a weakness. The aids thing about playing a dps only spec is the fact that you have to be able to play all the specs well enough to be able to progress on all the bosses. Because your experience is very limited, meaning only 1 kill on every boss as arcane, we unfortunately have to decline this application. We are looking to start working hard on antorus coming wednesday, and we just simply require raiders with more experience.

I'd like to thank you again for applying, and wish you good luck finding a home. Feel free to try again in the future, once you have gathered some more experience

~Loeka
Loeka

Return to Application Center